PME MTL est en lien avec des entreprises de Montréal à la recherche de nouveaux talents dans différents secteurs d’activités. Pour plus d’opportunités d’emploi et un accompagnement personnalisé, inscrivez-vous gratuitement au service de placement de PME MTL http://www.pmemtl.com/emploi
Position : Internship – Marketing Director
Company : Grey-box.ca
Location : Montreal / remote
Salary : 23$ – 24$ / h
Status : Internship (800h)
Schedule : Full time (32h/week), flexible schedule
Expected entry date : Fall 2021
Description of the company
Grey-box is a social innovation startup. Our main product, Uni, provides wireless access to digital resources (such as Wikipedia, Khan academy, several MOOC-type online courses, medical databases) in areas where access to the internet or to electricity is unreliable.
While 50% of the world's population is not connected to the internet – and the COVID-19 situation is exacerbating these inequalities – our team is working on an accessible product (portable, energy efficient, climate resistant and, above all, less than $100 per unit) which allows anyone to connect to these essential resources for their development and autonomy.
Grey-box is a graduate of District 3 Innovation Center – and won the award for best business model across all cohorts (a first for a social innovation startup). Grey-box is a nonprofit structured under the principle of mobile-first and remote-first. Diversity is not only encouraged, it is an integral part of the strength of the team and its projects.
Description of your role
As part of the Digital Skills for Youth program, Grey-box’s team is looking for a marketing intern that wants to help launch a new product in the social innovation space. Our initial markets are Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and local community leaders that need access to digital content and educational resources in remote areas. Your work will require the best practices in terms of communication, brand identity, promotion, and community management in order to build the bases for the marketing strategy of our young startup. Your work will directly help us reach remote communities in accordance with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN’s SDG).
The internship involves certain tasks such as:
- Creating an engaging storytelling strategy and develop written content that connects our mission, our communication objectives and our work
- Engaging our partners in conversations to write case studies and engaging digital content that showcases strategies used by our community to advance impact management and the SDGs (blog, articles in magazines, etc.)
- Producing and curating content and visual assets for social media
- Creating a marketing strategy and support the team in their marketing and outreach efforts
- Engaging our network of partners and potential participants in impact projects
- Researching organizations and individuals in our target market space to find new opportunities for business development and outreach
- Finding and developing new markets while improving sales
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met
Training will also be provided for the following tasks:
- Coordinating efforts with the team in charge of Google Analytics and Google Ads;
- Developing branding assets by using tools such as Canva and Lightroom;
- Implementing digital fundraising campaigns to help Grey-box meet its fundraising goals
- Integrating with components with the SDG framework
- Creating impact assessment tracking tools and visualization
- Documenting the process and provide recommendations for future integrations
- You know how to communicate clearly orally and in writing (with clients and colleagues)
- You are proactive and honest (#nobullshit)
- You are outgoing and enjoy performing in a sales-type role
- Demonstrates creative and innovative problem solving
- Experienced wordsmith and written content creator
- Experience in creating PDF, web, email, and social media visual assets
- Experience in marketing and sales coordination
- You have experience with social media platforms, notably Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook;
- You enjoy working on multiple projects at the same time;
- You are fond of self-learning, i.e. you are not afraid to use Google
- You have experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
We offer a flexible work schedule. The team uses G Suite to synchronize our schedules, our documentation and our virtual meetings. Do you have a virtual headset? We can even do that in 3D! This remote-first, mobile-first mindset leads to a truly enjoyable lifestyle where it is easy to balance work and personal activities or family imperatives. So it takes a lot of autonomy and discipline to work with us, in addition to the desire to excel in everything we do.
Grey-box is partnering with Communautique to offer regular support related to digital skills to its interns. Supplementary training can be provided based on the intern’s needs during his/her journey with us.
Internship and program conditions
- Be between 15 and 30 years old at the beginning of the internship
- Have completed post-secondary studies
- Have the legal right to work in Canada
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person with refugee status in Canada
- Not receive employment insurance (EI) during the internship
- Self-assess as underemployed, that is, employed below their level of education or holding a part-time job
- Not have already participated in a digital skills for youth program.