PME MTL est en lien avec des entreprises de Montréal à la recherche de nouveaux talents dans différents secteurs d’activités. Pour plus d’opportunités d’emploi et un accompagnement personnalisé, inscrivez-vous gratuitement au service de placement de PME MTL http://www.pmemtl.com/emploi
Senior Software Developer – Team lead
Umbrella OS is a pioneer in technological advancement for fields of transportation, power management and industrial process & filtration. Our team has the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries and deliver innovation today and for generations to come. We conduct ground-breaking research and development, design and manufacture leading-edge products, and deliver critical services for commercial and government customers.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will work closely with our product and development teams to assess customer needs, by developing and implementing innovative software solutions, improving system quality and developing standard operating procedures, enhancing applications, identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations to manage in real time, multiple and complex industrial processes in the fields of transportation, power management & Industrial process & filtration
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Engineers with a passion for designing the architecture of tomorrow’s software with a clear understanding of the software development cycle, from architecture to testing.
- Participate in all aspects from a project’s initiation to the release and post-release support
- Develop innovative features from customer use cases
- Engage in application development using an Agile methodology
- Detail oriented, capable of researching alternative solutions and outlining proposals with evidence
- 5+ years of software development experience with programming languages such as Java, C#/C++, Kotlin or Go
- Experience architecting systems that deal with global scale across the web and adopt appropriate api or event-driven access patterns
- Experience with utilizing storage systems (SQL/NoSQL), such as MySQL, Mongo, AWS Aurora, DynamoDB
- Experience with microservice architectures and solid API design, including leveraging protocols such as gRPC, REST, GraphQL, Apigee or other API Gateways
- Experience with telemetry, data analytics, and service monitoring (Kusto, Cosmos, Geneva Analytics, etc.).
- Experience with building systems on leveraging search technologies such as Elasticsearch
- Understanding of measuring reliability through SLAs/SLOs and driving a culture centered on operational metrics
- Perform technical project requirement analysis
- Lead and review architectural design documents
- Write well-structured and well-tested code to improve performance, reliability and scaling of our products
- Identify project development issues / risks and suggest alternatives to alleviate or resolve them
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Plan, estimate and delegate work together with the product manager
- Strong technical skills on application development, specifically backend, using C++.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages and technologies: C++, C#, and Rest API.
- Passion for building customer facing products in a diverse team
- In-depth knowledge of software architecture
- Experience developing micro services architecture
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with Unit Testing, Databases, Networking and Profiling
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- A proven track record of successfully developing consumer-facing applications for/within large enterprise organizations
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment that’s constantly evolving and changing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with CCTV products and concepts (CCTV, Access control, Intrusion, Detection and Alarm panels)
- Knowledge of large project management
- Experience leading or managing technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field OR relevant work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience in a technical leadership position, (preferred)
Umbrella OS is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on any basis. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Umbrella OS.